Wednesday, September 26, 2012

garden inspiration

 I have always loved gardens.  From as far back as I can remember, I would plan and think about garden designs.  Growing up in Chicago, I remember going to my great-aunt's home for family parties.  Your typical Chicago bungalow filled with lively Italians and FOOD!  What struck me when I was a child was Aunt Tina's garden.  With a cannoli in hand, I followed my cousins out the back door and was mesmerized by what I saw.  Tall brick walls inclosed the small Chicago lot.  Beautiful vines creeping up the old brick and large statues throughout the garden surrounded by flowers and greenery.  A formal design with many of the same characteristics as the garden below.

I knew at that moment, that I wanted an enchanted garden when I grew up.  

Sawyer/Berson Architecture & Landscape Architecture








5 comments:

  1. wonderful was that fence painted...I love the matching color to the slate

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous leafy courtyard - thanks for stopping by my blog - I am your newest follower!

    Melissah

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's really nice. I'm going to come back to this. I'm thinking about remaking my front gardens and doing a low maintenance green scheme - lime, deep greens, chartreuse, some maroons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely photos, I love the atmosphere and the mood conveyed ; my type of garden !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty place...small but makes you want to explore it.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments brighten my day! Thanks for stopping by!